Saturday, January 3, 2009

January 3, 2009 Words Upon My Heart

Titus 2:1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:

-We know that the Bible says in Proverbs 18:21 that death and life are in the power of the tongue. Also the tongue is a fire, an unruly iniquity, full of deadly poison, that no man can tame.

-But, when we bridle our tongues, then the mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom, a wholesome tongue is a tree of life. This is speaking sound doctrine.

-Speaking of Levi, the Lord said in Malachi 2:6-7, The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity. For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.

I have to admit, I have had alot of trouble bridling my tongue in the past. I've been so quick to speak that I've said things that have hurt other people, things that should never have been said, I've also said things that maybe should have been said but I had no business saying. I wish to use my tongue only to upbuild my brethren, to encourage others, to speak the truth, and to honor and glorify God.

Oh, Father, help me today to become a speaker of sound doctrine. Help me, O Lord, to bridle this tongue that I might be pleasing to you in all that I say.

Thank you, Lord, for all you've given me. Thank you for my salvation, and for using me in kingdom service. Thank you for my family, watch over them and keep them from evil, Lord. Let your will be done in their lives. Thank you for our home and our work that you've given us to do. Thank you for our health that we are able to do the work that is set before us.

Please remember all the prayer requests that have been lifted up by your people everywhere. Let your hand not be hindered in fulfilling our heart's desires if they be in your will. We know so many lost people, Father. Let us be a light unto them, speaking that sound doctrine, that they might be brought to repentance and be saved! Let us speak the truth with boldness that we might see lost people saved, sick people healed, and prodigal sons brought back home. We'll remember to give you all the honor and glory that you so rightly deserve. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Amen

Photobucket

No comments: