Monday, January 5, 2009

1-5-09 A day in the life of....

Well, I finally figured out why I was having so much trouble getting Dusty's school work done every day. We aren't on a curriculum yet, so I have workbooks and things that I've been collecting since he was a year old. I print stuff off the internet when I need something else, too. So, anyway, I have been doing his lesson plan on a daily basis, which it's hard to find enough time every day to sit down and do. Well, this morning, I decided I was gonna solve this problem so I got together a whole week's lesson plan and it didn't take me much longer than just doing one day once I got my momentum going! So, we got schoolwork caught up today in no time. I am so excited!!!

I've almost finished another late Christmas gift for my nephew. When I get my pics back, I'm going to post what I done. I have this one to finish and another one to do and I'll finally be done with last year's Christmas. Then, I'm going to start on this year's soon, I promise!!!! I'm tired of not being prepared!

We had homemade chicken and dumplings for supper tonight, with homemade biscuits and October beans that I put up last summer with homemade lemonade. We had a friend coming for supper, then my mother in law called and said she was coming, too. She doesn't visit with us as often as she does Bucky's sisters but we're always glad to have her!

The song, "I Just Feel Like Something Good is About to Happen" has been on my mind for a few days now.



I know we need something good to happen. We spent so much money doing car repairs last year that we got behind on all our bills and then work slowed down the first of last month. So, we are flat broke, I have no car and all our bills are past due. I called my piano teacher and told her I was gonna have to put off my lessons for a while because I don't see how we can pay her. She seemed okay with it, she just told me to keep practicing because she knew how much I enjoyed it. But, I know it is well because God said He would never leave nor forsake us. I know that He knows what we need better than we do and obviously we needed to go through this right now for some reason. I will praise Him when we win and I will praise Him when we lose!!! I will not stop praising Him!!!!

Photobucket

No comments: