Friday, January 2, 2009

1-2-09

Today is my father-in-law's birthday. He passed away almost a year ago. He was a good man with a heart for the Lord and his family. I'm looking forward to seeing him again, albeit in a healthy body!
I caught up my dishes a little while ago. We don't have a dishwasher so if I miss a day doing dishes, like I did yesterday, it looks really bad!
Believe it or not, I'm still working on Christmas gifts. I have 2 nieces and a nephew who live out of town that we didn't get to see for Christmas so I'm going to mail their homemade gifts to them when I get them finished. I knew they weren't going to be here so I put theirs off until after Christmas as I was pressed for time to get everyone else's finished.
I had intended to get back to school work this week, but it hasn't gone very well. Maybe next week will be better.
God is so good. I am so thankful that He opened my blinded eyes and gave me that precious gift of salvation. I'm so thankful for my husband and his work, even though it has been slow (nonexistent) the last few weeks. But, God is faithful and He is our provider. I know that things will get better. I don't depend on the economy, I don't depend on the bailout plans or whatever else the government can concoct. I know that my Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills and He can do whatever He wishes with all the wealth in the world. I know that if He wants us to have it, we will. I'm so thankful for our children, Bucky's 3 beautiful girls and our son. They mean so much to me. Sometimes I don't let them know enough, sometimes I'm too harsh, sometimes I'm too negligent, but I love all 4 of them so very much and I'm so glad that they all love the Lord! I'm so thankful for our home, it's not much but it's warm and dry and sometimes it's even clean! I'm also thankful for the guy who holds our mortgage. We didn't go through a bank or finance company because we had credit problems, we went through an individual and he has been wonderful. We've gotten behind but he doesn't hound us and he says he doesn't want to take our place, he just wants to see us get back on track and he'll help us any way he can. He has even referred Bucky to people who needed fencing/construction work done. I'm so thankful that God has given us hearts to serve Him, the desire to be pleasing to Him and I'm thankful that He allows us to be used in service for Him!
When I woke up this morning, there was a message on my heart but I didn't write it down so I lost it. Maybe He will give it back to me or maybe this is my new message. Either way, awaiting His return......
Edited to say: January 2 is my sister in law's birthday. My father in law's is the 7th. So, I made one of them thar mis takes, imagine that!

Photobucket

No comments: