Friday, November 21, 2008

Pray for Boldness!!!

We pray for the sick, we pray for the children, we pray for the lost. All needful prayers, but rarely do we hear a request for our own relationships with Christ, for our own walk with the Lord. I would like to ask all of you to pray for me that the Lord would fill me with the boldness of the Lion of Judah. Boldness that so many American Christians today are so sadly lacking. Boldness that allows believers in Nigeria, Cambodia, Pakistan, Vietnam, China, and other persecuted countries to stand before a firing squad and say, "I am so afraid, but I cannot deny my Jesus, I will not deny my Lord!"

What changes the Lord would make in our lives, our homes, our church, our families if we could only attain such boldness. That boldness that could take me beyond my pitiful walk of today and take me to the place where I can walk in such close fellowship with Jesus Christ that I can know the desires of my heart will be granted because they are His desires as well. What miracles we could see occur before our very eyes if we could be so bold!

I believe that the Lord is coming back and I believe it will be soon. I believe that He is raising up His army even now, I believe that His chosen people are undergoing the refining fires today to prepare them for what is to come. I believe that we should be expecting great miracles in our lives and our families. I believe that we should be looking for the amazing power of the Holy Ghost to anoint His people once again, just as in the upper room in the book of Acts. I believe that if we are to be in the Lord’s army, we must be filled with this boldness, we must be prepared to put on the full armor of God, we must be ready to fight, not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers of darkness. We must be ready to say, in the words of Paul, "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain!" and in the words of John, "Even so, come Lord Jesus!"

No comments: