Friday, November 21, 2008

Are You Ready????

The Bible says, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Matthew 7:13-14

I'd like to ask you to look around you; look at your lifestyle and look at the lifestyles of your family members, your friends, your neighbors, etc. Chances are, if your lifestyle is the same as everyone else's, you're not gonna make the cut, no matter how many good deeds you do, how many times you've been baptized, or how many Sunday School classes you teach. The Lord clearly intends for us to walk in His ways, to commune daily with Him, to love Him with all our heart, all our soul, and all our strength. The Bible says we can't love the world and love God, too. We have to lay down the things of this world, forsake all, take up our cross, and follow Him.

If you haven't yet relinquished your hold on the things of this world, I dare say, you've not been born again. Jesus said in John 3:3 "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." Romans 8:8 "So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

My friends, PLEASE examine yourselves, for these are the last days and even if I'm wrong and the Lord tarries His coming for another century, we are still not promised tomorrow.Our last breath could come tonight, as a result of any number of tragic happenings, please make sure you breathe it for Him, who is worthy of all our praise and devotion just because He is the great I AM! The alpha and omega, the beginning and the end, the creator, the author and finisher of our faith, the prince of peace, the king of kings, the lord of lords!!!! Worthy is the Lamb!

No comments: