Sunday, May 22, 2011

Who Do We Think We Are????

Sometimes, I think we just need to be "put in our place". In talking with people about the Lord, Jesus, our sin and our need for salvation, we often hear things like "God and I have an understanding" or "I don't feel like God will hold that against me". Also sometimes said is "The Bible is just man's interpretation of God's word".

My question to those responses is "Who do we think we are"???? This world has been around for at least 6000 years and Moses started recording God's word about 4600 years ago. With a life expectancy of around 80 years according to Wikipedia, how do we have the gall to argue with that? What makes us think that we are so special that God Almighty would bend His Holy Word just for us?

Most adored of His creation, why do we continue to reject Him and His provision of eternal life by choosing our sin over salvation?  What have we to be so prideful of that we refuse to bow to the King of the universe? We spend our short lives fulfilling our worldly lusts only to, one day, stand before the throne of the One who lovingly formed us in our mother's womb, the One who fashioned us after Himself in hopes that we would love and worship Him.

It is appointed unto man once to die, and then the judgment. I'm 32 years old, I'll most likely die in the next 50-60 years, if not before then. I'm so glad I have the blessed hope of Jesus Christ. I would much rather spend the short time I have left in submission to Him than striving to get my own way, which will prove to be no good in the end, anyways. Romans 14:11-12 "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God."
Photobucket

No comments: