Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Worth In God

After being abused as a child, I never thought I was worth much. I never felt like I deserved to be, do, or have anything good in my life. BUT GOD....

He changed me! He's still working on me but He's allowing me to look at myself, not as a product of my surroundings or circumstances, but as His precious creation. Like a piece of clay in the Potter's hands, I'm being molded into a masterpiece. I am so thankful that He didn't give up on me and throw this ole lump of clay in the fire so many years ago when I was being difficult and resistant to His patient shaping!

I have recently chosen to turn away from my habits of laziness and bad food choices and have adopted a healthy lifestyle for myself because I AM WORTH IT! I deserve good health and I need to be healthy in order to be able to pursue the opportunities that God has for me to serve Him.

I have also recently decided to pursue my first degree, a Bachelor's in Psychology because I AM WORTH IT! I deserve to have a good education and a good career and I need this education in order to be better able to help others.

I have known for quite some time that God wanted to use my life to help people but I wasn't ready. Not feeling worthy to be used by Him, I couldn't see how I could make a difference. I am ready now and I AM WORTH IT! I am ready to see others blessed by what God has done and continues to do through me. I truly don't deserve His mercy but He has made me WORTH IT!





Photobucket

No comments: