Saturday, January 26, 2013

To My Husband, My Friend, My Lover


I want to share with yall a poem that I wrote for my husband today. A little background first, though.... As a survivor of sexual abuse, it has been a long road! We have had many very bad days and even worse nights over our 15 years of marriage. I'm so thankful that I'm now at a place of strength and courage in my relationship with the Lord and my husband to be able to write something like this (and mean it ;)

To My Husband, My Friend, My Lover

You make my knees weak and my belly quiver
Every time you kiss me, up my spine goes a shiver
Your strong hands drive me wild
the way they rub and tease me in the night.

Take me now, my body screams
as it's awakened by the man of my dreams
As we ride the waves, we become one
the passion builds and love overcomes.

Hold me tight, don't let me go
Day and night, keep me close
As time goes by, our love increases
I never knew it could be like this

I thank God for giving you to me
You've helped me become who I want to be
Your wife, your friend, your lover
I am yours, always and forever ♥

©2013 Elizabeth (Annie) Thomas


Photobucket

No comments: